Rock Video Fever

Winger - Seventeen





"Seventeen" is a single released by the American glam metal/hard rock band Winger, from their album Winger. Released in 1988, the song charted at No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100. Despite its pop metal sound, Kip Winger points out that the tune is musically a Progressive song and that it is actually quite challenging to play and sing simultaneously. Along with Headed for a Heartbreak, it is Winger's most popular song for which they are most remembered by.

The B-side for this single was the album cut "Hangin' On."
It is featured on the video games, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s for PlayStation 2 and Saints Row for the Xbox 360.


The song was named the 87th best hard rock song of all time by VH1.
On the show Beavis & Butt-Head, Butt-Head comments that this is the theme song for Joey Buttafuoco, who was then known in those times through the Amy Fisher scandal.

Lyrics:

Songwriters: WOODCOCK, TIMOTHY DANIEL / WEBBE, SIMON SOLOMAN / PRIME, MATTHEW ALAN


Yeah, I saw sparks fly

From the corner of my eye
And when I turned (whoo)
It was love at first sight
I said please excuse me
I didn't catch your name (whoa)
It'd be a shame
Not to see you again


And just when I thought

She was coming to my door
She whispered sweet
And brought me to the floor
She said


Chorus:

I'm only seventeen (seventeen)
I'll show you love like you've never seen
She's only seventeen (seventeen)
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough for me


Come to my place

We can talk it over (oh)
Everything going down in your head
She said take it easy
I need some time
Time to work it out
To make you mine


And just when I thought

She was coming to my door
She whispered sweet
And brought me to the floor
She said,

Chorus:

I'm only seventeen (seventeen)
You ain't seen love
Ain't seen nothing like me
She's only seventeen
Seventeen........yeah!!!!

Solo

Such a bad girl

Loves to work me over time
Feels good (ha)
Dancin' close to the borderline
She's a magic mountain
She's a leather glove (oh)
She's my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now on SPOTIFY!